One simple can of coconut milk can create the most delicious of things. One of those things happens to be do-it-yourself soft serve. For this simple recipe, you don't even need an ice cream maker. I have held off this long without investing in an ice cream machine taking up more space on my counter and I still can manage to make the good stuff.
The even better new is that it's an all-natural recipe. It's real food nourishing your body's needs while you get to enjoy a refreshingly delicious dessert. You can make it with absolutely no sugar added or heck, you can add more! Make it yours but make it soon because you don't want summer to end without enjoying this homemade treat first.
*The soft serve recipe does include coconut cream. Coconut cream is the solidified top layer from a chilled can of FULL fat coconut milk (light coconut milk will not work). By leaving the can in the fridge for at least one night, the coconut cream gets thick and solid making it perfect for certain recipes. I personally store a few cans in the fridge so I have some chilled for whenever I may want it. My favorite brand is Aroy-D Coconut milk.
Coconut Berry Soft Serve
*Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup frozen berries (I used blackberries, raspberries, blueberries).
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (thick solidified top layer from a chilled can of FULL fat coconut milk)
- 1/3-1/2 cup coconut milk (the liquid from the can).
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar (optional)
- Garnish: Unsweetened shredded coconut, additional frozen berries
- Combine the frozen fruit and coconut cream in a blender or food processor.
- Slowly add the coconut milk in small portions and blend in between. Keep adding the milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Scoop and serve your ice cream, garnished as you wish.