There is no easier way to please everyone at the dinner table than to serve a great pasta salad. All ages adore pasta and it’s a brilliant way to benefit from an array of different vegetables. This recipe is a fabulous way to re-introduce health to the table after all of those heavy holiday eats. I have generously featured an abundance of vibrant plants packed with nutritional power to help get us back on track. My favourite part about making pasta dishes is that they are so versatile. Ingredients can be added, omitted or replaced and it will still turn out to be a successful meal. After the chaos of the holidays I found it was the perfect way to get back into the swing of things. It’s a recipe that is quick to prepare and it is guaranteed to please everyone-each and every time.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 454g (16 oz.) cooked brown rice pasta
- 1 large chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small chopped green pepper
- ½ cup thawed green peas
- ¾ cup quartered artichoke hearts (I used marinated)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes (or more or less depending on desired heat)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta cheese to garnish (optional-omit for a vegan recipe)
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl and pour in the prepared vegetables and hemp hearts on top.
- Pour the dressing into the large bowl with both the pasta and veggies and mix until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle some crumbled feta cheese on top of the colourful salad for some extra fun and flavour.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was an epic Meatless Monday meal! The green peas and hemp hearts provided us with a great source of plant based protein that left us feeling full and satisfied. What are your favourite Meatless meals?