Today marks the most thrilling day of my entire Nutty4Nutrition venture. Today is the day where I get to announce my where my passion has taken me. This brand strictly started off as a journey for me. A journey in which I vowed to create a new and healthy lifestyle for myself. In pursuing this goal of mine I found a passion. Believe it or not, I was in the beginning stages of studying to become a personal trainer when I came across my love for health and wellness through nutrition. I became so infatuated with real foods and all the glorious things that can be done with them that the whole personal trainer thing was put on hold (and remains on hold…for now). I had to follow my heart and I had to honour this burning desire within me to just do what I wanted to do-and that was food.
To my surprise, Nutty4Nutrition’s growth took storm. I started my Nutty account on Instagram in order to salvage my relationships with friends and family that didn’t give a rat’s ass about healthy eating. Yeah, I have those friends too. As soon as I started sharing information, people were engaged, interested, supportive, and appreciative. I did not create my Nutty account to inspire others but rather to be inspired by others. Thankfully, I ended up with both. As I continued to put myself out there, I realized that I was making a great impact on not only how others viewed wellness, nutrition and themselves, but also how they viewed me. I stand 100% behind being true to one’s self. I’m not about the bullshit and my main focus across my social media platforms is first and foremost that I’m always being myslef. What is the point of following our dreams if we aren’t going to be ourselves? What message do we send to the world if we lie about everything and everyone we promote? What kind of unhealthy habits do we instil in others when we pretend that we are perfect beings who exercise every waking moment, eat only the healthiest of foods, and wake up looking more flawless than Beyoncé herself? There are enough of those “influential”(insert eye roll) beings out there and I’m just here to be real. I’m here to tell you that balance does exist and that you can achieve your goals. I have come to the point in my life where I enjoy all of my healthy meals, but I also indulge in all of life’s naughty guilty pleasures (although it did take time for me to get here). I exercise regularly not obsessively and my schedules coincide perfectly. I stay home on Sundays and meal prep but I also go out and have fun with friends Saturday nights. This is life. This is what balance and happiness feels like, a feeling I thought I’d never experience. And now that I have experienced it, I want to spread it like wildfire.
For a very long time throughout my Nutty4Nutrition journey, I felt lost as to where I wanted to go with this. I knew that I wanted to help others live healthy lives full of love and balance. I knew I wanted to teach others on what proper nutrition actually looks like. I was always drawn to those who have no idea where to start. I turned my life around and now that I know it’s possible, I want to guide others to this flourishing state of being. Workshops have been on my mind for a very long time to be honest and I’m not sure why it’s just happening now. Perhaps the inspiration of all the ambitious ladies in my life. Perhaps I finally realize that I actually can help others and not just dream about it. Perhaps a leap of faith and confidence and that burning desire to change the world even if it’s just one person.
So, on to the workshops. I’m starting off where every lifestyle change needs to and that is with the basics. Cooking and baking classes are awesome as are seminars on meal planning but how far can you get with those if you don’t understand health and nutrition? Many people suggested I prepare a workshop where I give out a one week meal plan and a grocery list. People love receiving meal plans and it’s a booming business and rightfully so. It’s so easy to get lost, bored, and/or overwhelmed with meal planning. I get that. I took the advice into consideration but in the end denied it as soon as I asked myself the following questions. What would happen after following my one week plan? Would people magically understand why I included the foods that I did? Would people magically know how to create a balanced meal comprised of the essential nutrients our bodies need? And would they suddenly know how to create their own meal plans going forward? I want people to understand food. I want them to understand nutrition. I want them to understand themselves. It’s for these reasons that my first workshop that I’m offering is How to Create a Healthy Lifestyle. I'm focusing on the fundamentals of eating right. You will leave my workshop prepared to change your life.
Creating a Healthy Lifestyle Workshop
There are three components to this workshop and they are:
- Understanding food and nutrition
- Creating a personal Goal Vision Board
- Meal Planning and Preparing
- The beginning of the night will start off with a lesson on food. I will teach you how to read ingredient labels and why they are the only part of the package that should we should be focusing on. I will cover the differences between processed foods and whole foods and I will have examples present. I will touch on organic produce versus conventional and I will go over the grocery shopping list handout that I provide you with. You will be a grocery store guru after this lesson plan.
- A Goal Vision Board is how I managed to create my lifestyle. I listed my goals in a specific order and I tackled one at a time at a pace that was reasonable to my individual needs. In this component I will guide you on how to achieve your specific goals and over what period of time. I will coach you on how to go about instilling these new habits considering your current lifestyle habits and food relationships. You will leave my workshop with a personal Goal Vision Board for yourself. By achieving these goals one at a time, you will form new habits resulting in a new and healthy lifestyle.
- I will go into detail on meal planning and preparation. I will provide you with handy kitchen tips and tricks that will leave you ahead of the game. You will be receiving example meal plans that I will gladly explain. You will learn how to create nutritious balanced snacks and meals that will leave you feeling full and satisfied even if it’s a salad or a smoothie! This specific balance we create in meals will leave us with less cravings, decreased blood sugar level spikes, and happy balanced hormones (and of course rad physical changes but those are just a bonus-never the focus).
Bonus Take Home Material
As you can see, I really want you all to succeed in creating a healthy lifestyle. For this reason, I will be providing you with a folder of handouts that you can keep for your own personal reference.
- Detailed grocery list
- Example meal plans
- Meal planning template
- List of the Clean Fifteen and Dirty Dozen
- A Guide to Balanced Eating
- Goal Vision Board template
- List of all the names for added sugars on ingredient labels
- An example sheet of how to read ingredient labels/what means what
Sign Me Up:
When: Monday, June 22nd 2015 from 6pm-9pm.
Where: LiveWell Chiropractic and Wellness Centre: 1086-E St. Mary’s Rd.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a real party without appetizers and specialty beverages so feel free to come a little hungry!