Hello friends! How was everybody’s holiday season?! Mine was fabulous and SO relaxing. I ate a lot of delicious food and my husband and I made a huge dent in the couch while enjoying a lengthy movie marathon. It was a much needed break and I’m happy to bounce into the year 2015 with some awesomeness.
My giveaway has been in the works for quite some time now and I think I decided to host it on the perfect day. I think January 1st, 2015 is a very relevant date to pick for this humbling event for several reasons. The first, because this is the time when everyone tends to re-evaluate their health and their goals related to their health. We always feel like a new year represents a new start-a fresh start. Coincidently, January is typically a month of stress. Stress impacts our general wellbeing and most people tend to have slightly higher than preferable stress levels after the holidays. The bills start rolling in, work duties start piling up due to having those few days off, we feel like we need a life detox from all those extra cookies we ate, glasses of wine we sipped on, and chocolates we almost forgot to chew before swallowing. To top it all off, Winnipeg has entered a deep freeze conveniently right after the festivities (which I personally don’t mind-I would rather have cold and sun any day over mild and gloomy-I know, call me crazy). I want to give somebody the biggest gift of health-for the mind, body, and soul. This giveaway package guarantees wellness and you will see how when I list all of the components down below.
January 1st, 2015 also marks a special day for me. I decided in early December that I wanted to complete a “30 Days of Giving” challenge for all of this month. Every day I have a goal of giving something whether it is my time, energy, compassion, knowledge, or tip money to somebody else. The deed of the day can be as simple as buying somebody a coffee or as rewarding as volunteering at a shelter. I am not doing this because I want praise or because generosity is something I don’t generally practice because it is…I’m doing it because although I don’t know HOW rewarding this continuous flow of daily deeds will be, I do know that it will in fact be life changing. I will tell you how once I have completed my journey. I’m also taking upon this task to practice intentional selflessness. I practice kindness for others but definitely not as much as I could. Some days I get home and I ask myself why I didn’t do this or that in regards to a certain situation I came across throughout the day. It is very easy to become self-absorbed in our own bubbles, sparing time only for our own lives. Sometimes it scares me how easy it is to be so distracted from the outside world. I want to make it a habit to be aware. I want to be able to acknowledge my surroundings and offer any bit of positivity I can to whoever may need it in whatever moment. The power of a stranger’s (or a loved one’s) consideration can truly change the tone of somebody’s day. It can change the course of somebody’s life. I know this because I have been a victim of such power. I wish nothing else but to pay it forward. Therefore, my gift today is hosting this amazing health promoting prize package.
Now, on to the goods. My giveaway package is truly something special because each item has been donated by either a Winnipeg business or a local artisan. Many are gift certificates for Winnipeg companies which is why my giveaway is limited to residents of Winnipeg only-or Manitobans who visit Winnipeg frequently. Here are the contents of the prize package that values well over $350.
- A “Hot Barista” candle from Coal and Canary. For the complete low down on these luxury, hand poured candles, read my blog post on Coal and Canary [ here ].
- A cream “Loopsy Loop Cowl” scarf and a charcoal grey “Infinity” scarf both handmade by Cherylee Gonzales. Cherylee is a local trend setter in winter wear fashion creating chunky knits. Check out her talent on her Instagram page [ here ].
- 90 minute float at FLOAT.Calm. To learn about floatation therapy and FLOAT.Calm-Winnipeg’s Floatation Center, please read my blog post [ here ].
- 1 hour massage at LiveWell Chiropractic and Wellness Centre with me (I’m a Registered Massage Therapist). Check us out on Facebook [ here ].
- $30 Gift Certificate for SoGa Artisan Soaperie where you can find all natural, vegan friendly and leaping bunny certified skin care products that are all handmade. For more details on SoGa soaps, read my blog post [ here ].
- $15 discount on any order with My Farmer’s Market, a local, online fresh and organic market supplying real, nutritious food. Check them out at http://www.myfarmersmarket.com/ for more details. Blog post is coming soon.
- 5 free meals from Fitness Food Company, Winnipeg’s first Meal Preparation business. This brand new company allows you to order healthy meals that can kick start, maintain, or intensify your health and wellness goals. With a delivery service and all, Fitness Food Company gives everyone the opportunity to have the time to eat right. Check out their Facebook page [ here ] or their Instagram account [ here ]. Blog post is definitely coming soon and I cannot wait to share it.
- Mint Chocolate Body Butter, handmade by yours truly. Winterpeg’s weather has got nothing on this moisturizing blend of coconut oil, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, and peppermint essential oil. I’ve been fighting away the dry flakes all season with this heavenly, organic body butter. Stay tuned for my next D.I.Y blog post as it will be featuring this new staple of mine.
Isn’t that the most exciting prize package you’ve ever seen!? Now that you understand what I mean when I say it’s guaranteed to offer health and wellness, you are realizing you must win right? How does one win this gift of love? Here are the guidelines you must follow to be qualified for the giveaway-read carefully:
- Leave a comment on this blog post and not just any comment. I want to hear a story of how the generosity of a stranger has impacted your day. It could be something very simple or something unimaginable. Nothing gives me more hope for humanity than hearing uplifting tales like this. *Just a heads up, you may have to use a desktop or laptop to leave a comment if you haven’t updated the software on your smartphones/ipads/tablets. This tale telling comment will give you 1 entry for the giveaway.
- While you are on my website, you can subscribe to it for another entry. Just head on over to the sidebar on the right and sign up! Again, you may have to use a desktop, laptop or any device other than a smartphone to have access to the sidebar.
*You cannot comment more than once on the blog post for more entries. You only have the opportunity of 2 entries max per person. You can however, spread the word and get everyone you know to enter…and maybe just maybe your friend will share with you if they win ;)
I will announce the winner of the giveaway on Friday, January 2nd in the evening. The winner will be selected at random and I will post a video of the selection!
I want to extend a humungous THANK YOU to all of the local companies and individuals who so kindly donated these amazing prizes for my giveaway. I have been nothing but impressed and obsessed with all of your products and/or services. I am excited for one lucky winner to experience the amazingness that Winnipeg has to offer.
Good Luck and Happy New Year to everyone!