Imagine a healthy whipped cream...what would you do with it? What would you add it to knowing it was made from a real, whole food and it provided a wonderful source of healthy fats that our bodies need? Well, good news. Coconut whipped cream is made from only one essential ingredient allowing you to expand and add a couple more for some extra sweetness if you so desire. It is so simple and luxurious that you will find very creative ways to incorporate this whipped goodness into your day. The best part about coconut whipped cream is that it tastes WAY better than that cool whip, dream whip, or miracle whip bologna that we grew up on. And of course, it is way better for you!
My favorite way to use this wonderful whipped white stuff is of course alongside a homemade pie like my Pleasant Pumpkin Pie recipe. Other great ways to use it are as a base of a cupcake frosting mixed with some pureed fresh fruits, it is wonderful just as a fruit dip or even a pancake topping. I even use it for homemade fancy lattes like in my D.I.Y Salted Caramel Mocha.
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Coconut Cream (thick solidified top layer from a chilled can of FULL fat coconut milk).
- 1 tsp. to 1 tbsp. of any all natural sweetener of your choice (pure honey, maple syrup, coconut nectar, etc).
- Optional: 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract and coconut liquid (bottom liquid layer from the can-used to reach your desired consistency of whipped cream).
- Remove the solidified coconut cream from the top of a chilled can of FULL fat coconut milk (leave the can in the fridge for at least one night-I personally store a few cans in the fridge so I have some chilled for whenever I may want it) and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon (depends how sweet you want it) of sweetener of your choice.
- You can also add pure vanilla extract for fun and some extra sweetness.
- Blend together with an electric hand mixer until soft peaks form (add some coconut milk little by little if the whipped cream is too thick for your liking).