If you have been following me for a while on Instagram, you have seen this recipe many times now! This is my ultimate go-to quick snack to kill those sweet tooth cravings, naturally. It takes one minute to prepare, and two minutes to cook. I enjoy these sautéed slices as is but they also make a great pancake topper or a great addition to your routine plain yogurt bowl.
The flavor combination here of the coconut, cinnamon, and ripened banana is just out of this world. It seems so basic-I know, but you must try it for yourself. Plantains also work fabulously for this treat. The best part is, there are no added sugars! These slices satisfy your sweet tooth and lets you enjoy the taste of real, naturally occurring sweetness. Savor each bite slowly because the sugar, spice, and everything nice is a combination that deserves appreciation. Psstttt...kids also love this snack-just make sure they are cooled down well enough before serving them to your little monsters ;)
Coconut Sautéed Bananas
*Makes 1 serving
- 1 ripe banana (or try plantain)
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Coconut oil
- Slice the banana in even slices.
- Place some cinnamon and shredded coconut onto a plate and mix together.
- Coat the banana slices with the mixture.
- Heat some coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the coated slices and flip the once the edges start to brown.
- Sauté the other side for a minute or so and remove from the pan.
- Serve alone or add some all natural nut butter, dark chocolate chips, hemp hearts, etc.